Wednesday 23 May 2007

To be or not to be!

Back for another blog. Was very contemplative (read sleepy) today on my journey to the Microsoft campus. Am I really meant for the 'corporate world'? And then, what really is the 'corporate world'? The money seems to be good, the office and the facilities and food available seem to be fantastic too. But still, something isn't sitting very well with me. It took me almost 2 days to realize what was nagging the back of my mind - it is the lack of personal interaction I see in this place. Everyone's isolated in cubicles, with probably a few words exchanged during the whole day. I know its too early to make a judgement but shouldn't your workplace be more fun? And when I say fun, I mean loads of people, loads of interaction, loads of masti. But I guess this would be very contrary to the whole image of the corporate world, where efficiency and competition drive people and the iindustry at large. Maybe I'm expecting too much, maybe not...who's to say!! I'm just gonna live out the duration of my this internship and then decide on the big question - A Software Engineer, to be or not to be???

2 comments:

Jorawar Singh said...

So, what are your final thoughts on corporate world ?

Vikas said...

Well, if you would have worked for these first two days at Google, I am sure you would have got different opinion about the corporate world. You would have not missed the MASTI and interaction